Friday March 8th is International Women’s Day and it is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the incredible impact that women have on the world. The UN theme for International Women’s Day 2013 is “A promise is a promise: Time for action to end violence against women” while the main website “International Women’s Day 2013” has declared the year’s theme as The Gender Agenda: Gaining Momentum
The Mothers, Daughters, Sisters, Aunts, Nieces, Managers, Co-workers, friends and other women in our lives enrich us in so many ways and I thought it would be opportune to take a moment to honour and respect the impact they have had on my life.
- My incredible wife is someone I both love and admire on so many levels. It sounds a little “hollywood” but she helps me to be a much better person than I might otherwise be and I am so lucky to have her in my life. She is inspiring and a superb role model for our children.
- My 2 incredible daughters. They are both proud, independent, free thinking, talented and very driven individuals who have lofty goals in mind and are not letting anyone get in their way
- To all my female friends who are a source of wonder and amazement to me on every level. Fun to be with and funny you bring joy into my life and everyone you interact with
- The incredible group of talented women I work with everyday. I am an honorary member of our Women’s network and to spend time with them and experience their empowerment and connection is a fantastic experience that I am lucky to be a part of
- To all the wonderful women in my social networks who are challenging the status quo and seeking to promote the empowerment and equality for all women
- I wanted to make a special call out to all the winners of the “Womens Agenda Leadership Awards” including “Destroy the Joint “who are doing incredible things to promote the power of women and also highlight discrimination wherever it might be
- To all those women out there away from the public eye doing their part to empower and inspire people everywhere you are amazing and do it without any fanfare
On this day everywhere around the world it is time for everyone of us to stand up and recognise what you do for us and how much we appreciate it.
You are fantastic everyone of you so let’s celebrate!